Saturday, May 7, 2011

productive week

For the last 3 months, I have been working in an office. For about 9 years before I had Bella, I worked in an office. I like working in an office. I enjoy the "corporate life." One of my career goals was to become president of SRP (my former employer). Another of my career goals was to own a business. And I can check that one off the list. I own my own business with my husband, Jeff, and this year we both put in equal amounts of work into that business. (well....)


So, now that tax season is over, I have retired for the year. That's the great thing about owning your own business - you can work when you want!

One of the things that I enjoy or appreciate about working in an office is the sense of accomplishment and productivity. Sometimes, when I'm home with my kids I feel like I get nothing done even though I've done the dishes three times or changed several diapers or gotten 3 people bathed and ready for the day or made three meals or vacuumed three times.

Now that I'm not in the office any more, I still crave that sense of accomplishment or productivity. So, this week I was VERY busy. We had dinner plans 3 of the six nights, I actually got to pick up Bella from preschool and have a friend come over and play, I went to the grocery store (no, really). I also painted my downstairs hall bathroom. We are living in a new home now and the walls are white..... not my fav. That was a lot of fun.


I also got to catch up with some friends that have been patiently waiting my retirement. Thank you friends for still being here and being so understanding. And the thing that I feel the most sense of accomplishment for - I made strawberry jam for the first time. Real strawberry jam, and I canned it myself, with a waterbath and everything! I'm pretty impressed with myself (if you can't tell). It took me WAY longer than it should have, but I did it! So, the moral of the post is although I enjoyed meeting with clients and working outside the home, I am very happy and excited to be doing the most important job, and that's taking care of this: (Easter 2011)

2 comments:

  1. Geeze, crazy woman! Next week you can add "biking like a maniac with Val" to the list of accomplishments. My final is tomorrow (monday) and I plan on getting busy asap to get this last big of bulge off my tummy! Unfortunately for you, you are my biking buddy so will be going with me weather you like it or not!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was supposed to be biT of bulge! Ooops

    ReplyDelete